History
Chateau
   Hunting hall
   Musical archive
   Gallery
   Sala Terrena
   Library
   Rliege hall
   Assembly hall
   Trone hall
   Tsars room
   Rosz lounge
   Collection of coins

Podzámecká Garden
Flower Garden
The Town
Other
Offer
Contact

THE CASTLE LIBRARY

ranks among the most valuable historical resources in the Czech Republic. The Charter and Library Instruction were drawn up in 1694 under the Liechtenstein administration. Any further expensesand the wage of the librarian were covered by special grant at the amount of 10 Rhenish guldens. After the Great Firein 1752, the library wing on the second floor was built within the scopeof reconstruction works. The ceiling of the Great Library Hall was decorated by J. Stern in 1758 prior tothe decoration of the neighbouring Minor Hall by the same painter. The library keeps 33 641 volumes, including 304 manuscripts and 180 incunabulas. 1178 prints were made in the 16th century, another 20 thousand pieceswere printed before 1800.

The part of the books from the library you can see in the digitizing form on the htttp://digi.azz.cz/