situated next to the Colloredo Collonade at the side façade of the castle,was erected on the
filled-up moat. Its Italian terrace arrangement should represent the "giardino segrego"
(detached garden) or the "giardino segréto" (private garden).The Romantic renewals and
re-arrangements in the rest of the Podzámecká Garden, during the reign of Archbishop and
Archduke Rudolph (1819 - 1831) change the garden into the landscaping park. Several sculptures
of athletesand wrestlers were moved from Libosad. The statue of Lying Neptune even changed
the source of water it had been sprinkling out before - now,when the statue was connected to
the river of Morava flow, the Neptunewas renamed to Moravus.The garden was decorated with
antique and gothic ruins. The visitor might be surprised at sight of the artificial hermitage
made of the wooden frame covered with a cloth. A. Arche, the architect in services to archbishop
Chotek, createdthe pure and sensitively laid-out classicist works. The architect continuedand
developed his activity further during the reign of the cardinal Maxmillian Sommerau-Beck (1836 - 1853).
Thus, the year 1846 finally saw the new-born semicircular gallery called "POMPEIAN COLLONADE" because
of the busts delivered right from Pompeii. The collonade was then accompaniedwith a fountain and small
pond to reflect the elegant building in its surface.A. Arche also designed some technically
sophisticated structures,such as the SILVER BRIDGE, Lantern Bridge and Vase Bridge. The restof his
works tried to keep abreast with the fashionable empire architecture.